1. What are the two most common types of Wireless Network Encryption?
a. WEP & WPA
b. WFA & TEP
c. WAN & LAN
d. MAC & CAT
VIRUS & AD/SPYWARE REMOVAL
2. What is the name of the Socket Connection layer that Windows uses to connect to the Internet that Ad/Spyware usually modifies?
OPERATING FILE SYSTEMS
3. What are the two most common types of Operating Filing Systems in use by Windows Systems today?
a. WIN 7,WINXP
c. Active Directory,FAT
4. How many Serial ATA devices can be connected to a Serial ATA port?
5. What are the two types of Expansion Slots most commonly used in modern PC’s?
6. What are the theoretical transfer speed limits of USB 2.0,USB 3.0 & FIREWIRE IEEE 1394 respectively in mbps(Megabits Per Second)?
7. If you hear a faint metallic ‘clanking’ sound coming from the computer, what would you suspect is wrong?
a. The computer speakers are shorting out
b. A fan is going bad inside the computer
c. The hard drive is failing
d. There is a rodent inside of the computer
8. What Windows Operating Systems support NTFS?
9. What is the new location (folder name) of the 'Documents and Settings' Folder
d. 'C:\Users Settings'
10. Which of the following programs is no longer included with Windows 7?
11. What locations in the Registry does Windows most commonly use to put programs that automatically startup with Windows?
a. HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Run & HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Run
b. HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Windows\Startup & HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Windows\Startup
c. START-ALL PROGRAMS-STARTUP & MSCONFIG
d. Windows/System32 & Windows/System
12. Why should you NOT delete a client’s ‘Cookies’ completely (excluding ad/spyware cookies) except under a client’s request?
a. The client might be saving them to show other people.
b. The client will lose a lot of saved Username’s Password’s and Settings they may not remember for websites they have visited.
c. They will no longer be able to access the Internet.
d. Their system will be wide open to security exploits.
13. If you are getting errors with a Microsoft product and you need to get more information, what would you do first?
a. Call the manufacturer’s tech support of the client’s computer
b. Call your local computer repair store
c. Call Microsoft
d. Go to http://support.microsoft.com
14. What does Windows do in its File System when you delete a file or directory?
a. Moves the file or directory to the ‘Recycle Bin’
b. Wipes the space used by the file or directory on the hard drive using a 3-pass secure erase procedure
c. Changes the first character of the file or directory in the File System and marks the space used by the file or directory as ‘free’
d. Makes a copy of the file or directory and stores it in the ‘Recycle Bin’
15. What does the acronym ‘FAT’ stand for?
a. First Available Track
b. File Allocation Table
c. Forensic Approved Testing
d. Failure Attributed To